Wednesday 23 March 2011

Dark and Beautiful...Meet model Nala Diagouraga

What was very noticeable from Pierre's A/W 11 Royal collection  was a mixture of ethnicity's represented on the catwalk. As I am told by the stylist for the show the girls represented 'royalty' from different parts of the world. Personally I think it is refreshing to see a mixture of cultures represented in fashion and hope that many more designers follow suit.

But there was one particular model that caught my attention stand-out model Nala Diagouraga, 22, from Senegal/Mali in West Africa. An experienced but new face to modeling, Nala who lives in France started modeling back in 2008 for a friend. After her first couture show in 2010 she decided to make it a career the next day she signed with modeling agency Paris Slides and then later signed with London modelling agency Strike Model Management.

So far she in her career she has worked for top french designer Lanvin, Khaled el Masri, Martin Grant, Neil Barrett, Andrew Laurence, Alphadi Irakli Nasidzé and Thulare Monareng, appeared in French Grazia magazine to name a few.
London Fashion Week 2011 was very busy for Nala apart from walking the runway for our very own Pierre Garroudi, others designers included DTZ, Kirsty Ward, BodyAMR and Samantha Cole. 

Nala says that her inspiration and passion comes from being able to express herself and play a role.
"I do get inspired by anyone in particular but more outfits and makeup that I wear during the shows or photo shoots. [when I am doing shows] I play a character, I [become] the style that they adopt and  love to detach myself from things..."

In terms of her future hopes, Nala says, " I like to make people happy that love and support me and also get into makeup artistry. I am a fan and I have lots of project in mind to follow."

Take a look at her eye-catching portfolio of work, Pierre plans to use Nala for his future photo and video shoot projects, so look out for more updates soon.

Makeup Magazine for Ghubar




Makeup Mag by Emmanuel Thibault



WAD Magazine

















French Grazia




















Models: Nala and Brandy @ Pierre Garroudi A/W 11








 

Nala and Brandy Pierre Garroudi A/W 11

No comments:

Post a Comment